STIHL MS 170 petrol chainsaw. Entry-level model for cutting firewood. Combination handle, simple to use thanks to economical 2-MIX engine. First of all: Chainsaws have been my childhood dream ever since I heard about the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
- 1 Stihl MS 170 Benzinli Testere
- 1.1 Security advice:
- 1.2 STIHL professional tips:
- 1.3 STIHL chainsaws – it’s all about making the right choice!
- 1.4 STIHL anti-vibration system
- 1.5 STIHL 2-MIX engine
- 1.6 Single lever operation
- 1.7 Compensator
- 1.8 Extra Information
Stihl MS 170 Benzinli Testere
STIHL is the world’s best-selling gasoline chainsaw and chainsaw brand. And for a good reason. Because every day, our chainsaws prove what they’re made of. Deep in the forest, in parks and facilities, or at home in your home garden. We offer you a wide variety of saws for every application. They all combine proven STIHL quality, ingenious technology, and convenient equipment details – so that your work is easy and you can enjoy your STIHL chainsaw for a long time.
In order to recognize or assess the dangers of a chainsaw, a briefing is necessary. In addition, the requirements for safety clothing must be observed. If anything is unclear, we recommend that you pick it up from a STIHL dealer.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our customer support.
STIHL professional tips:
- Many STIHL machines are equipped with special comfort features as standard, recognizable by the C in the product name (e.g., MS 211 C-BE). The E stands for STIHL ErgoStart, the particularly convenient solution for almost effortless starting, the B for quick chain tensioning. This makes it easy to re-tension the saw chain without tools.
- With the stop button function on the STIHL M-Tronic, the control lever automatically jumps back into its operating position after switching off. The warm machine can then be restarted immediately.
- If you don’t need your STIHL chainsaw for a long time, it is best to proceed as follows: Empty the fuel from the fuel tank into an approved container (also available here in the shop). Then let the chainsaw run until it goes out by itself and there is no more fuel in the fuel system. Remove the saw chain and guide bar and clean the cutting attachment with STIHL VarioClean to prevent gumming. Top up with chain adhesive. Store your device in a dry place and protect it from the sun. Keep it dust-free, ideally in a bag or a STIHL chainsaw case. Store the saw safe from unauthorized access (e.g., by children)
- The term Duro stands for our carbide saw chains. These were developed for sawing in dirty wood and remain up to ten times sharper than conventional saw chains even with occasional ground contact.
- For professional users, in particular, every gram of weight counts. This is why STIHL uses a lot of engineering know-how to optimize motor units and guide rails so that they become lighter and lighter. Of course, without compromising robustness and durability. With the motor units, in particular, we have been able to save weight by redesigning cylinders, slimmer sprocket covers, and consequent material changes on other components—the result: ideal system weight and easier handling.
STIHL chainsaws – it’s all about making the right choice!
Saws for private users – compact and strong
Compact and strong – these are the STIHL chainsaws for sawing firewood and for property maintenance. With a good draft, the devices do a great job when creating your wood supply, when felling smaller trees, when clearing your trees or when building with wood. The compact chainsaws from STIHL are available as comfort models (C) with a quick chain tensioning (B), ErgoStart (E), Quickstop Super (Q), or with an extremely robust Picco Duro saw chain.
Saws for agriculture and horticulture – versatile and robust
As a farmer, landscaper, or craftsman, every day brings new tasks for you. Indispensable with so much variety: a tool for all cases. STIHL chainsaws combine performance and convenience when sawing firewood as well as tree care, cutting beams to length, or cutting construction timber. Selected models are also available as comfort versions (C), eg, with ErgoStart (E) and quick chain tensioning (B).
Saws for forestry – maximum performance with minimum weight
STIHL chain saws are specially tailored to the needs of professionals, combine low weight and maximum performance with a high level of working comfort. STIHL chainsaws in the performance class are also available as comfort versions (C) with a quick chain tensioning (B) and QuickStop Super chain brake (Q). Partly also with M-Tronic (M), grip heating (W), and carburetor heating (V).
STIHL anti-vibration system
Buffer elements reduce the transmission of engine vibrations to hands and arms. This saves energy when cutting freehand. (Similar to the picture)
STIHL 2-MIX engine
The STIHL two-stroke engine with 2-MIX technology ensures strong performance, plenty of pulling power, and saves up to 20% fuel compared to STIHL two-stroke engines of the same power without 2-MIX technology.
Single lever operation
Choke, start gas, operating position, and stop function are integrated into one control element. The stop button for single-lever operation: After activating the stop function, the shaft jumps back to position I. The power tool is immediately ready to start again, thus preventing an incorrect operation. (Fig. May differ)
The STIHL compensator, a control unit in the carburetor, ensures that the mixture does not become over-greased if the air filter is dirty. The performance remains constant over a longer period of time. The filter does not have to be cleaned until 80% of the surface is clogged. This means that very long work assignments are possible without interruption. (Similar to the picture)
|Manufacturer number||1130 200 0296|
|EAN (Avrupa Makale Numarası)||886661022908|
|Teslimat kapsamı||1 parça|
|Güç / ağırlık oranı||3,4 kg / kW|
|Ses basınç seviyesi||100 dB (A)|
|Ses gücü seviyesi||111 dB (A)|
|Titreşim değeri||5,2 m / s² (sol) / 5,5 m / s² (sağ)|
|Yer değiştirme||30,1 cm³|
|güç||1,2 kW / 1,6 PS|
|Oilomatic testere zinciri tipi||PMM3|